Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods
Do you need an easy yet impressive desert? You should make chocolate dipped pretzel rods! Although they're not rocket science to make, I do have a few tips that will make your experience better. My friend Kristen worked tirelessly with me to make a bunch of these for my wedding dessert reception, including an emergency run to Michael's in the middle to get more fancy sprinkles! The above photo is from my wedding reception- taken by Aevum, which is owned by my brother and his friend!
Here are some of my tips.
1. Use a tall glass or mug to melt your chocolate in, so you can easily coat most of the pretzel rod when you dip it in, and use the sides to wipe off some of the chocolate if it's very thick and dripping.
2. Melt the chocolate often during the dipping process so it is nice and thin. Caution: do not burn the chocolate! You will know if you burnt it, because it smells kind of gross and the chocolate gets a grainy texture instead of smooth.
3. For your toppings, cut the side off of a paper or styrofoam plate so the edge doesn't get in your way. Pour toppings in the cut plates, then roll the pretzel rod gently in the toppings.
4. After dipping and coating in topping, immediately place pretzel rod with toppings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Store in an airtight container with layers of waxed paper separating the pretzels and they will keep just fine for a week or two!
6. Eat all the broken pretzels.
7. Experiment with different toppings for different colors and textures. Such a pretty snack!!